At the end, Maemo Diablo release for N810 is out. But if you have valuable information, programs or configuration on it maybe you’re worried about what you’ll loose in a reflashing. In fact, if you’ve done the upgrade yet you’ll notice that the main part of the apps from Extras repository are missing in Diablo for the moment. Fortunately, there’s a way to install the apps from the old Chinook repository.
Here are six simple steps to perform the upgrade process and restore all your current applications:
- Backup your /home/user to a safe place by hand. Standard backup tool won’t
backup every file you’ve at home and maybe you could need them later…
- Do a backup using the backup tool.
- Reflash the device with the new image using the flasher tool according to the reflashing instructions
- Restore the backup. Some old apps will remain grayshaded because the backup
tool can’t find them in the now current Diablo repository.
- Open Application Manager. Menu, tools, application catalog. Maemo Extras,
edit. Distribution: chinook, uncheck the “disabled” checkbox, Accept. Close.
- Menu, tools, restore applications. Accept.
That’s all. Enjoy your updated device!